Jess Glynne’s name became widespread when being featured on Clean Bandit’s ‘Rather Be’ – one of those songs that has ‘instant hit’ written all over it. However, due to her not being featured in the video, Jess Glynne’s identity remained a mystery. To me.
When watching the X Factor UK, Jess was introduced as guest judge with Cheryl Fernandez Visini. When she stepped out with her bright red hair, I had no idea who she was, and imagined that if I were a participant on the show, I may have been disappointed that I didn’t get someone cooler.
When the live shows began, Jess Glynne performed a song live during a results show. I decided to pay attention to someone they were giving so much screen time. When she sang her new single “Take me Home” – her voice sounded very familiar.
I picked up my phone and opened Shazaam. I went through my Shazaam and scrolled back and noticed that on Sept 10th, 2015, I had Shazaamed the song “hold my hand”. If I Shazaamed it, there was a 90% chance I liked it (5% chance I was just curious and 5% chance I wanted to know which song was pissing me off).
The next day I youtubed “jess glynne” and finally put together the pieces that an actress was featured on the ‘Rather Be’ video, with vocals provided by Jess!! Then I had a little love session replaying, purchasing, downloading to app both ‘Hold My Hand’ and ‘Take me Home’. Songs which I think have lyrics that are so complimentary to her voice. Or vice versa. Her voice is deep, intense, with such incredible range.
And just like that, I’m a fan. And now I envy those contestants who had her as a guest mentor
Purchase her entire album here
Purchase / Gift her MP3 singles